Wednesday - Green is Good (canned green vegetables)
Thursday - Take a Break out of Hunger (Breakfast Items)
Friday - Fruity Friday (canned fruit)
As a school, we will be collecting canned items & monetary donations. ($1 = 3 canned goods - checks payable to Mid South Food Bank.)
Our goal this week is 6,500 cans! We will accept any canned items on any day, however, the above are suggested items based on the Food Bank's needs. No glass please!
Also, we are in need of small/medium sized boxes for packing. If you have some boxes, please bring them to the cafeteria on Monday morning!
Dogwood PTO Nominations
The Dogwood PTO is currently accepting nominations for the 2018-19 school year. We need creative, committed and energetic volunteers to serve our students, teachers and families. Please consider nominating yourself or someone you know for a board position. Board meetings are held once a month.
Not sure what position might be right for you?
Are you organized and detail-oriented? Consider Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer or Membership/Directory.
Do you love making photo books and capturing memories? Then Yearbook is for you!
Do you love making sure our little ones are healthy and happy? Then Health and Wellness might be what you are looking for.
Do you love event planning? If so, one of our events positions might be just the fit (e.g. Family Movie Night, Book Fair, Field Day, etc.).
If you would like more information about any board position, feel free to contact Alison Fondawor any current board member.
Nominations forms are due to your teacher or to Nominations Chair Anna Stegall by Wednesday, February 7.
The counseling departing is planning to start the next set of small groups. The small groups will focus on the following areas: organization/study skills, social skills, and coping strategies. If you believe your child could benefit from additional support, please contact Brandi Fitchpatric.
Attendance Zone Proposal Survey
Please follow the link below to access the Germantown Municipal School District Attendance Zone Proposal Survey. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. The survey will close at 9 a.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018.
The Dogwood community is the best!! There are so many people who serve our students, teachers and families so well that we would like to recognize them more publicly throughout the year. If you have a shout out for a student, teacher, parent or administrator any time throughout the year, please email it to Alison Fondaw.
Shout outs and special thanks to:
- 4th Grader, Savannah Chandler for knocking it out of the park with her original song "Oh Dogwood"!
- Mr. Simons, Mr. Short, Ms. Luyendyk, Mrs. Drury and Mr. Smith for all of their work to make Fine Arts Night such a wonderful showcase of our students' talents.
- Jennifer Bronson for planning and coordinating activities and volunteers for Fine Arts Night. Her calm manner and creative ideas helped make it a great night!
- Robin Pleasants for stepping in to help at Fine Arts Night. We so appreciate your flexibility and can do attitude!
- Chris Linville, Gayle Higley, Colleen Stewart, Elizabeth Gates, Karen Viotti, Kelly Flaherty, Carmen Henson, Layla Rouse, Holly Barker and Kirsten Shelton for all of their work on the PTA//PTO process. Their diligence and eye to detail made the process run so smoothly!
Germantown Municipal School District provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, handicap/disability, sex, genetics or age.