SAVE THE DATE 3RD ANNUAL FESTIVAL, GMSD 5K and 1 MILE COLOR RUN
Come one, come all to our 3rd annual community festival, 5K & 1 mile color run! With top-notch live entertainment, tasty treats from our food trucks, fun moon bounces, rock climbing walls, vendors with free giveaways and an enthusiastic crowd, it's sure to be an incredible time!
Sunday, April 29 12:00 PM - Festival Begins, 2:00 PM - 5K, 3:15 PM - 1 Mile Color Run
$5 OFF EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ENDS TODAY
Use the code GMSD
In honor of Read Across America Day, please come to school on Friday, March 2, dressed as a character from one of your favorite books. Costumes should be school appropriate and be book related, not just your Halloween costume; if in doubt, ask your teacher!
Books or Series to consider for ideas:
Junie B. Jones
Elephant & Piggie
Magic Tree House
Fairy Tales/Folk Tales
Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys
Springfest 2018: Save the Date for Saturday, April 7
Save the date for Springfest 2018: Saturday, April 7 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. You won't want to miss this day of family fun featuring games, a silent auction, food, bounce houses and more! And all of the proceeds support Dogwood's PTO. If you are interested in helping with Springfest, please contact Tiffany Smith or Maura Parks.
Please view the attachment for suggested GMSD guidelines regarding the flu.
Join the 10-time National Champions for a fun afternoon of learning jumps, motions, cheers, and a dance on Tuesday, March 6 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Houston Middle School. The girls will perform for their parents at 5:45 p.m. More information in the below link.
Please follow the link below to access the Germantown Municipal School District Attendance Zone Proposal Survey. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. The survey will close at 9 a.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018.
The Dogwood community is the best!! There are so many people who serve our students, teachers and families so well that we would like to recognize them more publicly throughout the year. If you have a shout out for a student, teacher, parent or administrator any time throughout the year, please email it to Alison Fondaw .
Shout outs and special thanks to:
- Andrew Beach and all of the volunteers from First Evangelical Church for providing a wonderful breakfast for our teachers and staff.
- Fourth grader Lucas Zhang for winning 3rd Place in the Germantown Municipal Council's Citizenship Essay Contest.
- Michelle Midha for staying on top of all of the school health clinic needs and staffing. Thank you for helping to care for our little ones!
- Alison Fondaw, Gayle Higley, and Julie Williams for being recognized for their service to Dogwood at the GMC Star Awards. Thank you for ALL you do!
- Kim Smith and the Teacher Treat Committee for providing another fantastic lunch for our teachers and staff!
Germantown Municipal School District provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, handicap/disability, sex, genetics or age.