Welcome to the Dogwood Elementary School PTO website! The Dogwood PTO is a strong and active organization of parents, teachers, administrators and community members working together on behalf of our children. Please join us! All parents are welcome to join the PTO and to attend PTO meetings. The PTO also provides many educational programs and community-building events throughout the year. With your support, we can continue to make Dogwood Elementary School academically challenging and nurturing for our children.
Elizabeth Gates, PTO President
Who we are
The mission of the Dogwood Elementary PTO is to:
a. Enhance and support the educational experience at Dogwood Elementary School,
b. Develop a closer connection between school and home by building a sense of community and encouraging parent involvement, and
c. Improve the environment at Dogwood Elementary School through volunteer and financial support.
Dogwood Elementary Vision and Mission
Dogwood Elementary School is an innovative, challenging, and safe learning environment that empowers each student to grow into a world-changer.
- will set high expectations for academics, behavior, and collaboration for teachers, students and staff
- will monitor implementation to ensure accountability
- will provide and advocate support for students and teachers (schedule, time, support, resources, funding)
- will communicate with stakeholders and showcase innovative learning
- will set high expectations for academics, behavior, collaboration
- will hold themselves to high standards and seek professional development opportunities
- will mentor students to build positive relationships
- will develop a positive learning environment
- will seek out opportunities for students to apply learning and be world changers
- will be committed to learning and taking pride in their work
- will act as student leaders who accept each other’s differences
- will be behave in a way that respects the school environment, other students, and staff
- will communicate and share positive support of the school and teachers
- will advocate for the school, teachers, and students
- will hold the school accountable and communicate concerns to the school
- will engage in school activities and events
- will provide a safe and upgraded school facility for students
- will be involved stakeholders within the school
- will offer opportunities and resources for real-world collaboration
If you’re interested in a tour of Dogwood, please contact our PTO New Parent Liaison, Carie Alley.
This site is maintained by the Dogwood PTO. Please follow this link to visit the Dogwood Elementary School website: http://www.gmsdk12.org/dogwoodelementary_home.aspx